If you’re in a car accident, the effects may be minor or life-threatening. After the initial pain and shock wear off, the effects of the accident still continue. Now you have to worry about bills, your recovery, and insurance claims.
If you need an automobile accident attorney in Santa Barbara, CA, or an automobile accident attorney in Ventura, CA, Morales Law can make sure you receive compensation for your injuries.
What You Should Do Following an Injury
Our Santa Barbara, CA automobile accident attorneys have a few reminders for you. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident please follow these steps:
- Contact police. After moving out of harm’s way, call the police to report the accident. Once an officer arrives on the scene, describe the accident and be sure to provide accurate information for the officer’s report. Insurance companies review this report to determine who is responsible.
- Get insurance information. Confirm the insurance information from each party involved in the accident. Make sure you write down driver’s license numbers, contact information, insurance providers, policy numbers, named insureds, and vehicle registration information.
- Take photos. Photos are invaluable when proving fault, as they can provide property damage evidence and show personal injuries.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Go to your nearest hospital to receive medical care. Even if you don’t display injuries immediately after the accident, seek medical attention immediately.
- Don’t speak to insurance adjusters. Once you give a statement to an insurance adjuster they can begin to devalue your case. Refer them to our attorneys and we can handle it from there.
- Consult an attorney. Following your accident, call our lawyers immediately. After the initial consultation your work is done! Morales Law will handle every aspect of the case so you can focus on your physical and mental recovery.
Morales Law is here to fight for you. When you hire us, you speak directly with an automobile attorney in Santa Barbara, CA, not a paralegal. Call (805) 845-5405 for a no-cost consultation today.